HVAC, Refrigeration & Controls Technician
Contract position, to October 2019, with the possibility of an extension
Are you a licensed Gas Fitter or Refrigeration Technician with a good knowledge of HVAC systems? If so, consider this opportunity to join the Peel District School Board’s Maintenance Services Department as a Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration and Controls Technician.
Working under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, and demonstrating your understanding of B.A.S. systems, you’ll be responsible for the service and programming of all heating, ventilating and cooling-related equipment. Your duties as an HVAC, Refrigeration and Controls Technician will include preventative maintenance to burners, general building automation systems and monitoring, general heating repairs, air conditioning systems repairs, and any other related tasks that may be assigned.
This position involves working from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., out of the North or South Maintenance Shops.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The role of HVAC, Refrigeration and Controls Technician calls for a college diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology or Building Sciences and/or 7 years’ experience (factory trained) with Metasys Building Automation Systems or Invensys Building Automation Systems. You will also put to work the following skills and knowledge:
- Proof of apprenticeship in Ontario or equivalent (an asset).
- Valid Fitter #1 Gas Licence.
- Valid 313A Refrigeration Licence.
- A good working knowledge of electrical/electronic wiring and controls – B.A.S. systems, and HVAC systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot burners, including efficiency analyzing and setting up.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s Licence (Class G).
- A recent driver’s abstract confirming a safe driving record upon offer of employment.
- Ability to work on own initiative with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position.
- Working knowledge of computer systems.
- Good oral and written communication skills to work effectively with Board personnel and outside agencies.
· Demonstrated commitment to working in a diverse school community and/or work environment.
SALARY: $76,581 per annum
To apply for the position of Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration and Controls Technician, please complete an online application through applytoeducation. Your completed application package on Apply to Education must include your cover letter, resume and supporting educational credentials. Applications must be received no later than 4:30 p.m., Wednesday, December 5, 2018.
The Peel District School Board is one of the largest school boards in Canada, with more than 153,000 students in 253 schools.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but will only be interviewing selected candidates. For the safety of students, all school board staff need to provide a satisfactory criminal record check prior to commencement of employment.
The Peel District School Board is committed to equity in employment. We will provide reasonable accommodation, based on any of the human rights protected grounds, during the hiring process if advised in advance.