Trades Certified Plumber/Gas Fitter
Number of Vacancies:
Rate of Pay:
$30.79 per hour
Open until filled.
The Langley School District is an innovative, inspiring and unified Learning Community and the sixth largest School District in BC. Our mission is to inspire all learners to reach their full potential and create a positive legacy for the future.
We are looking for individuals that share our values of Integrity, Excellence, Courage and Community. If you share our passion for creating an inspiring Learning Community, we are accepting applications for a Trades Certified Plumber/Gas Fitter in our Maintenance Department for a Continuing assignment. Individuals will perform a variety of tasks related to the painting of buildings and equipment.
Individuals must have the following qualifications:
· Completion of Grade 12
· Apprenticeship, and/or Trades Qualification Certificate (Plumbing, including Class "B" Gas Fitter's Ticket).
· Two years’ experience in an institutional/commercial setting.
· Cross Connection Control Certificate.
· B.C. Driver's License.
· Ability to perform a variety of skilled tasks in the installation, maintenance and repair of plumbing and gas components and equipment.
· Thorough and current knowledge of the standards, practices, regulations, methods, tools and equipment of the trade.
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints and work sketches.
· Ability to communicate effectively using courtesy and tact in the explanation and exchange of information.
· Ability to determine, judge and select appropriate course of action within the limits of established methods and procedures.
· Physical ability to perform the required duties.
Qualified individuals must submit an application, along with a complete resume (including references) and proof of above qualifications to:
Successful applicants will be subject to a criminal record check.
We wish to thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.