About the role
Refrigerative Supply’s Purchasing Manager will provide strategic leadership to the Purchasing function, manage multi-million dollar supplier contracts, continually develop sourcing strategies, manage large scale procurement and drive change programs working alongside stakeholders.
The incumbent will work at all levels as strategic advisor that will support our mission and vision by recommending key procurement methodologies. S/he will have strong purchasing, procurement and inventory management background preferably in HVAC/R industry and robust leadership skills.
The role is based out of our Head Office in Burnaby, BC and requires occasional travel across North America to attend meetings and conferences.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, propose and implement a suitable purchasing and sourcing strategy, ensuring close alignment with the overall business strategy and taking into account cultural issues, expenditure trends, priorities and environments.
- Analyze business needs for procuring products and identify areas of efficiencies to deliver quick wins and longer term solutions for cost savings.
- Develop and implement quality assurance mechanisms on Purchasing.
- Monitor supplier back orders to ensure timely delivery or locate other sources of supply in order to obtain needed products.
- Ensure adequate inventory is available to support Refrigerative Supply customers’ expectations.
- Devise and implement methods to sell or dispose of dead and slow moving inventory.
- Identify and optimize common inventories among facilities.
- Responsible for replenishing, managing and maintaining inventory.
- Participate in the preparation and management of the departmental budget.
- Play a key role in the hiring, training, evaluating, supervising and terminating of the department personnel, working closely with Human Resources.
- Provide regular feedback to employees and monitor job performance to ensure employees meet or exceed Refrigerative Supply’s standards of excellence.
- Evaluate and identify potential suppliers and keep contact with suppliers on a regular basis.
- Coordinate monthly promotions with Marketing.
- Analyze cost-effectiveness/profitability of supplier promotions and preseason programs.
- Practice honesty and integrity in customer and vendor relations.
- Positively and professionally represent Refrigerative Supply to customers, suppliers, owners, partners and competitors.
- Establish key performance indicators to measure and improve overall inventory performance.
- Lead the Purchasing team and help them classify suppliers and trends in the marketplace.
Skills and Qualifications
- Demonstrated success managing inventory, including auditing, forecasting and planning.
- Strong leadership, motivation and managerial skills.
- Demonstrated competency in budgeting, forecasting and planning.
- Demonstrated competency in hiring, developing and evaluating employees.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, inventory/warehouse management and distribution software.
- Proficiency with excel and ERP
- Proven ability to work under changing demands and stressful situations due to inherent flexibility and adaptability.
- Superior organizational skills, attention to detail and time management skills.
- Ability to analyze data and make decisions.
- Effective listening, communication (verbal and written), and negotiating skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion with information.
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards.
- Ability to travel across North America, valid Class 5 driver license.
- Education: Diploma/Bachelor's degree required and Certified Purchaser Designation (CPP) or equivalent PMAC training
- Experience: 5 years of supervisory experience in a purchasing/procurement role
- 8 years of progressive experience in a purchasing/procurement role
- Product/applications experience preferred
- Wholesale distribution or HVAC/R industry experience required
Not just a job, a career opportunity!
Leading in the air conditioning, refrigeration and heating sectors for more than 70 years, we know that talented people are essential to maintaining our success in the future. Refrigerative Supply provides an environment where employees leverage their skills, talents, experience and interests to grow professionally and build rewarding careers.
How to apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the position title in the subject line.
Refrigerative Supply is an equal opportunities employer. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected will be contacted.