Scope of the position
Refrigerative Supply Limited’s Supply Chain Manager will provide strategic leadership to the Purchasing function, manage multi-million dollar supplier contracts, continually develop sourcing strategies, manage large scale procurement and drive change programs working alongside stakeholders.
The incumbent will work at all levels as strategic advisor to support our mission and vision by recommending key procurement methodologies to drive operational excellence and best practices; to improve operating efficiencies and costs. This role is responsible for the overall leadership of the department and strong purchasing, procurement and inventory management background preferably in HVAC/R industry and robust leadership skills are required. The supply chain manager maintains the highest level of service in each area of responsibility including staff management, vendor development, timely procurement, credit management, and cost saving etc.
The role is based out of our Head Office in Burnaby, BC and requires occasional travel across North America to attend meetings and conferences.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, propose and implement a suitable purchasing and sourcing strategy, ensuring close alignment with the overall business strategy and taking into account cultural issues, expenditure trends, priorities and environments.
- Analyze business needs for procuring products and identify areas of efficiencies to deliver quick wins and longer term solutions for cost savings.
- Develop and implement quality assurance mechanisms on Purchasing.
- Participate actively in purchasing decisions.
- Evaluate existing corporate purchasing policy and recommend changes as needed.
- Evaluate existing and potential suppliers; recommend and implement changes in suppliers.
- Make recommendations on the use of alternate materials.
- Monitor supplier back orders to ensure timely delivery or locate other sources of supply in order to obtain needed products.
- Follow up with suppliers on confirmations, prices, discrepancies, and other issues.
- Act upon all communications where product replacement and/or returns may be applicable.
- Focus on quantity and quality of admin work and to follow through on assigned tasks until completion.
- Handle phone calls from sales team needing to order parts or equipment.
- Catalogue maintenance.
- Ensure adequate inventory is available to support Refrigerative Supply customers’ expectations.
- Devise and implement methods to sell or dispose of dead and slow moving inventory.
- Identify and optimize common inventories among facilities.
- Establish key performance indicators to measure and improve overall inventory performance.
- Responsible for replenishing, managing and maintaining inventory.
- Place daily/weekly/monthly inventory orders.
- Process return, shipments and credits on equipment and parts (i.e. excess inventory).
- Review part numbers, descriptions, pricing and vendor information to Anzio for inventory and supply purposes.
- Lead the Purchasing team and help them classify suppliers and trends in the marketplace.
- Participate in the preparation and management of the departmental budget.
- Play a key role in the hiring, training, evaluating, supervising and terminating of the department personnel, working closely with Human Resources.
- Provide regular feedback to employees and monitor job performance to ensure employees meet or exceed Refrigerative Supply’s standards of excellence.
- Conduct annual performance evaluation and take necessary action if performance falls short of expectation.
- Evaluate and identify potential suppliers and keep contact with suppliers on a regular basis.
- Coordinate monthly promotions with Marketing.
- Analyze cost-effectiveness/profitability of supplier promotions and preseason programs.
- Practice honesty and integrity in customer and vendor relations.
- Positively and professionally represent Refrigerative Supply to customers, suppliers, owners, partners and competitors.
Skills and Qualifications
- 15 years minimum in a leadership capacity in progressive senior purchasing/procurement role.
- 10 years of Supervisory experience in a purchasing/procurement role.
- Wholesale distribution or HVAC/R industry experience required.
- Product/applications experience preferred.
- Diploma/Bachelor's degree required.
- Certified Purchaser Designation (CPP) or equivalent PMAC training.
- Demonstrated success managing inventory, including auditing, forecasting and planning.
- Strong leadership, motivation and managerial skills.
- Demonstrated competency in budgeting, forecasting and planning by running and analyzing reports.
- Demonstrated competency in hiring, developing and evaluating employees.
- Proficiency of Microsoft Office Suite, Excel and ERP systems
- Demonstrated change management skills and results oriented.
- Superior organizational skills, attention to detail and time management skills.
- Proven ability to analyze data and make decisions.
- Effective listening, communication (verbal and written), and negotiating skills.
- Professional business acumen.
- Demonstrated integrity and ethical standards.
- Ability to travel across North America, valid Class 5 driver license.
Not just a job, a career opportunity!
Leading in the air conditioning, refrigeration and heating sectors for more than 70 years, we know that talented people are essential to maintaining our success in the future. Refrigerative Supply Limited provides an environment where employees leverage their skills, talents, experience and interests to grow professionally and build rewarding careers.
How to apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the position title in the subject line.
Refrigerative Supply Limited is an equal opportunities employer. We would like to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected will be contacted.