HVAC Technician (2 Positions) (FME 201800130)
Maintenance Services and Utilities
Employment Group: Support
Type of Position: Full-time
Salary: $33.67 per hour
Hours: 40 hours per week
Shift work and weekend within the following:
Monday to Friday 7:00am to 3:30pm (Day Shift) or
Monday to Thursday 3:00pm to 11:30pm, Friday 1:00pm to 9:30pm (Afternoon Shift), Saturday and Sunday 8:00am to 4:30pm (Weekend coverage)
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Note: This is a full-time position (40 hours per week).
Duties: Under general direction of the Manager, Maintenance Services and Utilities, the incumbent provides rapid response to environmental temperature complaints and HVAC/Refrigeration system breakdowns. Installs and maintains refrigeration, air conditioning and heating systems.
- Certificate of Qualification in HVAC (Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Systems Mechanic) 313A and Gas Technician Level 1, and Ozone Depletion Certification
- Minimum 5 years industrial and commercial refrigeration, air conditioning, heating and building automation system experience to enable independent exercise of technical skills
- Commercial Building Automation Systems experience (Delta Controls)
- Dual Trade certifications will be considered/preferred
- Refrigeration Operator B preferred
- Sheet Metal experience and/or Certificate of Qualification in Sheet Metal 308A preferred
- Previous Lift training and Spotter training preferred
- Valid Ontario G driver license required
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/applicants/jsp/shared/Welcome_css.jsp
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant's accommodation needs.